Classic Mini Of The Year 2014

PlanetMinis Forums

This is a discussion on Classic Mini Of The Year 2014 within the Pitbikes of the month forums, part of the General Talk category; It's time to vote for the classic mini of the year. Here are the final contestants. tmas Classic Mini Of The Year 2014 Jan /Feb ...

View Poll Results: Classic Mini Of The Year 2014

Voters
117. This poll is closed
  • 3cyltrbo

3 2.56%
  • Phat50s

4 3.42%
  • RAZZO

5 4.27%
  • Rcdog008

2 1.71%
  • Carlo C

2 1.71%
  • davmo

49 41.88%
  • ShapeShifter

52 44.44%
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By tmas
  • 1 Post By tmas

Thread: Classic Mini Of The Year 2014

Super Moderator
    is ...........................?

Supporting Member

It's time to vote for the classic mini of the year. Here are the final contestants.
    tmas

Jan /Feb - 3cyltrbo

March / April - Phat50s

May / June - RAZZO

July / Aug - Rcdog008

Sept / Oct - Carlo C

Nov - davmo, ShapeShifter

Super Moderator

Supporting Member

3cyltrbo

1979 Honda Z50R restomod. 88CC mild build, 4 spd semi-auto.

This was supposed to be my big project for the Barber Vintage Festival. I didn’t get to go to Barber, but I at least finished my project.

Frame and swingarm were sandblasted and painted white. Many new parts were added and parts from other generation Z50’s were restored. Some custom parts were made

New:
    -WebBike plaid seat
    -WebBike modern style tank
    -WebBike Kickstarter
    -WebBike 1980’s CT70 Tailight
    -Wide Stance bars (cut 3 inches narrower)
    -CHP Hardtail exhaust
    -CHP Disk Brake front end (minus the disc brake)
    -255MM OKD shocks (with gold springs)
    -Gold 420 chain
    -Billet Aluminum rearsets
    -1 piece alloys
    -90/65/8 tires
    -Chrome headlight with clear lens

Restored:
    -1979 Z50R Frame and Swingarm
    -Z50K2 front fender (Rear) (de-rusted and polished)
    -Z50K1 front fender (Front) (de-rusted and polished)
    -Z50K2 hubs (polished)
    -Z50R brake plates (painted)
    -Z50K2 steering stem hardware (polished)
    -Z50K2 Top Triple (polished)
    -Z50K4 Brake Arms (polished)
    -Z50M 29tooth rear sprocket
    -Assorted nuts / bolts / hardware (de-rusted and polished)

Custom Done:
    -Custom cut down side stand (from a bicycle shop)
    -Custom bent and PlastiDipped fender brackets
    -Custom bent and PlastiDipped tail-light bracket
    -Custom clutch and ignition covers (painted 2 layers crinkle / 4 light layers eggshell black)
    -In-Frame ignition switch (just above motor)
    -Brake linkage from rearsets to back brake.

This image has been resized. Click this bar to view the full image. The original image is sized 1024x680.

This image has been resized. Click this bar to view the full image. The original image is sized 1024x680.

Super Moderator

Supporting Member

Phat50s

Copper Head Sparkle

Here is my Custom Copper Head Sparkle K2. Lots of custom features here. It features a TB 88cc stage 1 kit with a custom made exhaust. I wanted something simple and mean looking - we did put a small baffle inside to help with the sound a little. The cases have been polished, the clutch cover and ignition cover have been powder coated in a silver sparkle. The intake was also smoothed and polished, the cylinder and head has been shined up to go with the rest of the motor. Not a lot of frame modes this time - I did run the tail light wire thru the frame as I hate seeing it tied up under the seat all the time. Also the muffler guard mounts on the frame have been ground off and filled since they were not being used. The Tires are 400x8 with the polished aluminum 3.50 x 8 rims from TBparts. Hubs also received the same silver sparkle and the brake panels have been polished. The top clamp was chrome plated and the risers polished. Fenders and gas tank are a HD Cream Pearl with the flames in the same copper head sparkle - then cleared over. If you have any questions please let me know. I will post more photos of the other side. Thanks for looking.
    Attached Thumbnails

4. Remove Advertisements
    PlanetMinis.com
    Advertisements

Super Moderator

Supporting Member

RAZZO

1970 CT70 Lowrider Kustom - Just finished for Summer!

Paint by CEI: HOK blend of Aztec Gold & Tangelo - silver flake- Smoke effect thru out.

Motor by Razzo: TB V2 RH 108 Stroker / 90w of lighting / HD clutch /Powder coat cover - Gloss Black Krinkle

17T/32T / STD. Length G-Craft swinger / Chrome Allen & Button head metric thru out /

Kustom seat / 35w. driving lights / lots of other bits. Lowered about 3.75". My Summer ride at the bike meets this year.
    Attached Thumbnails

Super Moderator

Supporting Member

Rcdog008

1998 z50r

Magik S.C. Kustom Graphics
    Heidenau K75 4.00 x 8 Tires
    Renthal Chain
    CHP P848KR Rear Shocks
    Fast 50's HD Fork Springs
    Renthal 7/8" Mini Playbike Bars
    Red Baron Throttle
    ASV F3 Front Brake Lever
    Trail Bikes Kill Switch
    Mini Gunz Exhaust
    New Tank, Plastics, Seat
    All the parts are New, Powder Coated or Polished
    Attached Thumbnails

Super Moderator

Supporting Member

Carlo C.

Guys,
    I think it is time to enter my favorite bike "The Evil Twin". I built this bike and did all the stuff I wanted to do to my first one, but did not have the heart to do to. This time I started with only a frame and forks that was given to me from my buddy Lucas. This bike got all the little goodies that I originally wanted to do on my first bike and that is where the name came from. There is some really cool stuff on this little bike that you won't find on the normal hardtail rebuild. I started with a disc break front end from CHP took it completely apart and installed the factory looking rubber boots and seals, the 1" extended heavy duty springs, delrin bushings and the Honda anti wobblers. I then installed all of those parts in the factory forks. I then chose to use CT70 handle bars for a couple reasons, one they were taller and they two they had all the correct holes for a horn and the accessories I planned on using. I then found some drawings for the original horn bracket on one of the websites and had them cut out at work on the waterjet so I could install a factory horn. I installed a Honda speedometer inside the headlight bucket. I then bought a really trashed 69 frame and drilled out the factory welds and removed the battery brackets and welded them on to my frame in the factory location in the same weld spots. I then sent everything out to be blasted and put the entire bike together with a electric start engine and worked out all the problems that came along with it. I had to have a factory side cover to cover the battery box and all the electronics for the late model engine. The side covers are really hard to find as they were never released here in the USA and they are even hard to find in the places where they were available. I searched and searched and never could find a good one so I bought a reproduction part and it was in bad shape but my body shop guy made it perfect for me. I bought a brand new Lifan 110cc engine with bottom electric start and I put a TB Parts High Compression Piston in it. I found a LIFE 12volt battery that fit in the factory battery box. I then bought some aluminum wheels and Heidenau K75 tires and had a rolling bike. I took everything apart had the frame, forks, Headlight bucket and exhaust shield powdercoated Candy Blue. I had the tank and sidecover painted with Base Coat clear coat to match the frame and then put it together with all stainless hardware and wired it up. It is by far the most fun bike I own and I love to see peoples faces when I use the electric start and crank it up.

You can check out the entire build here:
    Carlo's Latest Custom Hardtail K2.

1970 Hardtail ("Evil Twin")-
    Disc Brake front end (CHP)
    Delrin Bushings (Vince T-Bolt) (Help make the front end tight)
    Honda Sliders (CHP) (Help Stop fork wobble)
    Cap Seals & Boots (CHP) (Keep the original look even with the disc break)
    Honda Fork Seals (CHP)
    NOS Honda Top clamp (Boyce Honda)
    New Front Fender (TB Parts)
    New Rear Fender (TB Parts)
    Complete headlight Assembly (CHP)
    Complete Seat (TB Parts)
    Honda Battery Box and Brackets (KAJUN Mini Trails from Junker 69 K1)
    Original Honda Axels (KAJUN Mini Trails)
    K2 tank (EBAY) moved factory outlet to clear carb.
    Original Honda Oval K2 tank emblems (Personal Stock)
    TB Race pet cock with left exit (Ebay)
    New Chain (CHP)
    Re-chromed K2 break pedal (Personal Stock)
    Lifan 110cc with Electric start and high compression TB Parts piston. (Hooper Imports)
    Honda K2 taillight (Ebay)
    CT 70 Bars (CHP)
    Heidenau 4.00-8 for the rear and 3.50-8 for front
    Aluminum wheels- 3.5x8 Rear 2.4x8 front (TB Parts)
    Complete throttle kit with grips (CHP)
    Billet handle bar Knobs (CHP)
    Taillight gasket (CHP)
    Tailight Long Screws (CHP)
    Taillight Lens- (Ebay)
    Left Brake lever and bolt (CHP)
    Seals and bearing for wheels (CHP & Worldwide Bearing)
    Axel Nuts (CHP)
    Handle Bar nuts (CHP)
    Re-pop Taillight bracket (EBAY)
    Wiring Harness (TB Parts)
    Ignition Switch (TB Parts)
    Rear Brake Switch (TB Parts)
    Stainless Steel Spring kit (Ebay)
    New Exhaust Heat Sheild (Ebay)Left Side Cover (Motorcycle Seats Direct)
    Battery (Alien batteries)
    Sprockets 17/28 (CHP)
    Exhaust (Trail Buddy)
    12 volt regulater/rectifier (Dr ATV)
    Wiring terminals and parts to convert factory harness for 12v CDI Ignition (Dr ATV)
    Grey Rear Brake Cable (CHP)
    Grey Throttle Cable (CHP)
    Rear Brake Shoes (CHP)
    Clips to hold emblems to tank
    Rubber mounts for tank (CHP)
    Footpeg assembly (CHP)
    Powder coat and paint (Kirkfields AutoBody)

This image has been resized. Click this bar to view the full image. The original image is sized 2048x1536.

This image has been resized. Click this bar to view the full image. The original image is sized 2048x1536.

I will try to get some really good pictures over the weekend and add them to the post.

Thanks for looking
    Carlo

Super Moderator

Supporting Member

davmo

OK. Here is the Helen Bike, an aluminum frame Z50. Tank is from a '71 Yamaha JT-1. Seat fairings, and anything not stock-looking was handmade. HondaTB triples, 10" wheels, 108cc kit, HD clutch, CDI, and oil cooler. Takegawa gauges, brake levers, handlebar levers, steering stabilizer, wheel rings, kicker, coil, brake adjustors, kick stand. Minigunz exhaust, mikuni VM 26 carb, Kitaco intake. Heidenau k58 tires. ZB50 forks. Rickystator 90W stator, FPM lightened flywheel. BBR brake pedal.
    Here is the build thread: HELEN: Davmo's Aluminum Frame Z50. Honda Z50 alloy monkey
    Attached Thumbnails

Super Moderator

Supporting Member

Super Moderator

Supporting Member

Vote for your favorite classic mini of the year.

A note to contestants that you can post more pictures in the thread.
    tmas

Super Moderator

Supporting Member

We have a very close race going on between davmo & ShapeShifter. Time is running out. Cast your vote.
    tmas

is When minibikes are outlawed,
    only outlaws will have
    minibikes. You can have mine
    soon as you pry my cold dead
    fingers off it.

Quote Originally Posted by tmas View Post
    We have a very close race going on between davmo & ShapeShifter. Time is running out. Cast your vote. tmas
    Yes, please. In the event of a tie, Shapeshifter and I will have to decide this in an all-nude ultimate fighting match...aint nobody wants to see that. Even though SS has referred to me as "evil Uzbeki god mola-ram," I assure you, I am an AZTEC, not Uzbeki, and am only slightly evil. Although he promised endless sunshine if he wins, I will go one further should I win: no new taxes on Minibikes...and of course, there will be endless sunshine. Thanks, Mola.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image-760721454.jpg 
Views:	91 
Size:	577.9 KB 
ID:	153914  
    Last edited by davmo; 12-30-2014 at 03:12 PM.

is a poet warrior.

Quote Originally Posted by davmo View Post
    Yes, please. In the event of a tie, Shapeshifter and I will have to decide this in an all-nude ultimate fighting match...aint nobody wants to see that. Even though SS has referred to me as "evil Uzbeki god mola-ram," I assure you, I am an AZTEC, not Uzbeki, and am only slightly evil. Although he promised endless sunshine if he wins, I will go one further should I win: no new taxes on Minibikes...and of course, there will be endless sunshine. Thanks, Mola.

I got nuthin' but love for you, Bro! You are an inspiration to me. Good luck!

is a poet warrior.

I guess it's time for me to gloat! Happy New Year and thanks to all my supporters and friends that voted for me! I'm glad that I did not have to fight davmo in the nude for a tie-breaker, HondaFiddyMan tells me davmo is kinda "grabby" if you know what I mean....

I dont understand why the contest was not closer between all of the bikes entered. If I had not voted for my own, it would have been a tough decision on which bike to vote for. I am inspired by all of them. Every bike listed here is among the best in the world and the builders all deserve equal attention and praise, therefore, when tmas Fed-ex's me the prize money check, I am going to split it equally among all participants!

I hope everyone has a safe, healthy, and prosperous 2015!

Sponsored Links