Planet Minis Updated Terms of Service, Forum Guidelines and Etiquette
Planet Minis Forum Guidelines and Etiquette
* While debating and discussion is fine, we will not tolerate rudeness, insulting posts, personal attacks or purposeless inflammatory posts. Our decision is final in these matters.
* Whether intentional or unintentional, bashing on another community member's nationality, race, religion, color, creed, gender, age, and other commonly accepted protected statuses in the United States of America, is not permitted and will result in immediate & permanent removal from site membership.
* Please refrain from posting meaningless threads, one word (or short) non-sense posts, or posting multiple threads about a single topic.
* Advertising, spamming and trolling (and similar behaviors) are not allowed. This includes using the forum email and Private message system to spam other members.
* Please wait a reasonable amount of time before bumping posts. For style changes and general 'how-to' questions this should be 24 hours. For specific troubleshooting issues, use 12 hours as a guideline.
* We also do not allow posts that are sexual in nature or violate PM's community standards. The PM team shall be the sole arbitrator of what does and what does not violate community standards.
* Discussion of illegal activities such as software and music piracy and other intellectual property violations are not allowed.
* Each member is allowed one login account. Registering with multiple accounts is not allowed.
* While we are quite happy to have constructive comparative conversations about competitor's products, we will not tolerate blatant adverts or the sort of "ooh look, yet another bulletin board" threads. Also, we would appreciate it if you refrain from blatant bashing of other boards.
* We reserve the right to remove offensive postings, images, video, or any general content without notice.
* Please post in English! We do not have resources available to moderate every language. Non-English threads/posts will be removed.
* Also while these rules cover most common situations, they cannot anticipate everything. Consequently we reserve the right to take any actions we deem appropriate to ensure these forums are not disrupted or abused in any way.
* PM supporting (paid) Sponsors are allowed to have a link to their place of business within their postings, profile, & signature and may promote their site(s) and product(s) from only within the Vendor/Sponsor forum. Content posted by vendors/sponsors elsewhere on the site should not relate to any commercial or organized entity; rather, vendors/sponsors are welcomed to post Tech-related material and converse within the community just as any other member when outside their dedicated forum.
* You cannot post advertisements or notices for contests.
* Multiple or repeated posting in order to increase your post count is not allowed and your displayed post count may be adjusted accordingly. Nonsense posts will also be removed.
* We also reserve the right to ban anyone who willfully violates the forum rules, as access to our forums is a privilege and not a right. Let's try and remember that we are all guests.
Any threads/posts of these types will be deleted.
We do not allow people to post threads or to send private messages or emails to users here that advertise or solicit any products or services. Explicit advertising and soliciting in sigs is also prohibited. Exceptions include a one-time sale of a personal item or want posting within a member signature.
There is a HUGE difference between making your own write-up with pictures about a modification you've installed, and being an advertising agent for said product. Use common sense. DO NOT post links to vendor websites, post sales information, price lists, or vendor contact information. If a member asks you for this information in a thread, then ask that they PM their request to you.
Once again... POSTING OF SALES INFORMATION IN THE DISCUSSION FORUM IS PROHIBITED. That is what we have a classifieds section for.
Prospective vendors, sponsors, and advertisers should refer to the site owners for information on how to advertise on this site.
We go to great lengths to keep solicitation out of the discussion forums so that members do not have to weed through thread after thread of advertisements and solicitations in order to participate in conversation about our hobby. So the rules apply to both vendors and forum members.
No pornographic or inappropriate avatars of a sexual nature are allowed. The moderation staff have the right to remove avatars as they deem necessary.
Avatars that may be confused with official staff avatars are not allowed.
Be Civil!!! It's not too difficult to see when someone is being intentionally inflammatory. Failure to follow the forum guidelines can lead to removal from the forums at the discretion of the moderation staff.
PM Moderation Staff
By Z in forum Planet Minis Announcements
Last Post: 02-08-2011, 11:44 AM
By outahan-callahan in forum Introductions
Last Post: 11-16-2007, 12:14 AM
By Z in forum Buyer and Seller Feedback Forums
Last Post: 01-30-2006, 09:05 PM
By Z in forum Planet Minis Forum Rules and Etiquette
Last Post: 01-30-2006, 09:05 PM
» Sponsored Links