PlanetMinis Forums

Should A 150R W/ 14 & 12" Wheels Be Allowed To Race W/ Us?

This is a discussion on Should A 150R W/ 14 & 12" Wheels Be Allowed To Race W/ Us? within the Roost Area forums, part of the General Talk category; Originally Posted by storminnorman07 lmfao!!! wow i haven't checked this thread out for a couple days. my has it grown to be quite the funny ...

View Poll Results: Should a 150r with small wheels be allowed to race?

Voters
148. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes... its the pit bike class just race!

16 10.81%
  • No... it's NOT a pit bike, and shouldnt be allowed in the pit bike class.

121 81.76%
  • I dont really care either way... oh look, I found a skittle!

11 7.43%
Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Should A 150R W/ 14 & 12" Wheels Be Allowed To Race W/ Us?

This user has no status.

Quote Originally Posted by storminnorman07 View Post
    lmfao!!! wow i haven't checked this thread out for a couple days. my has it grown to be quite the funny thread. lets knock this down for what it really is. when pitbikes became big, what did you see at the track a 50 w/ tall bars pegs tall seat and 88 kit. with that said in my opinion 99% of the bikes out there are not true pitbikes. but because the rules set where not very limiting just has to have x size wheels air cooled open cradle guys like myself had a field day with engines suspension guys had a field day as well as frame fabbers. all this talk i'm 6 foot something its to hard to ride a pitbike/midsize is just hog wash. they are honda 50s kawi 110s they are KIDS bikes they where NEVER designed for an adult to go pound the fock out of them. of course if your tall your going to feel cramped, akward, and squerily on the bike. That was the whole fun of the sport was to go get hammered and go kick your buddy on your back yard track. rules are rules they are set to be followed. i'm not saying the 150r has a advantage over the a modded 110/lxr/50 etc or vice versa. bottom line the even though rules are vague and not limiting the 150r breaks them.
    I agreed with you about anything over a stock 110 or 88cc 50 was no longer a pitbike until about a year ago when i started racing 110s lol i still think that we should go back to the roots, bone stock bikes banging bars in the backyard.

is getting better with Age!

my fiddy is in the works!!!

This user has no status.

Quote Originally Posted by Special~K View Post
    Ben, stop trying to stir the pot... and I'm in Louisiana too and I play by the Vegas rules. It was determined last night that you don't even believe that water in a water cooled engine actually cools the engine hahaha. As said before, your opinion doesn't matter to me... so instead of starting trouble, use your time to do something more constructive, such as taking a bath

hey retard k ,like i said get that stick out your ass !!!!! I could care less what matters to you . you just bitch and complain about everything that doesnt go your way ; )

This user has no status.

I'm not hating... TRUST ME. I, and we, built our bikes. A 9 year old in Japan built yours. You wanna race for fun, fine... race the 85 class. I don't care where you ride for practice, and I assure you you will get to see how it stacks up next time I see you at the track.... but as for a Pitbike race BRING A PITBIKE. I'm beginning to think your just trolling me to get a reply out of me, and its working. I'm getting tired of hearing about it, and I'm about to stop trying to be nice about this.

[/quote]

uh oh some bodys about to cry .

Supporting Member
    is If ifs and ands were pots and
    pans, there'd be no work for
    tinkers' hands.

Supporting Member

Yamaha 932, unmannered, disrespect. Can you just argue by a reason?

is Damn you winter it's just
    beginning and I want to ride!

First, everyone needs to check out old Langtown races those guys were not ridden 50/110. Second, Vegas MoM any prestigious races or anything winning money is on the line hell no not fair to ride the 150 if it's just a weekend warrior race that we all struggle to even get to have a race don't be scared run what you got if you want to ride a husaberg 601 so be it il bang bars with ya and put you in the fence. We all do this for the love and joy of being on the bike. If it's a trophy your worried about I got hundreds you can have. Also as he said he didn't even win. So he can be beat so doesn't that make you just want to up your own skills to beat him. You don't get faster by racing with slower guys than yourself. Also you can take a 8 yr old kid on a 65 that can beat guys riding 450s we are all forgetting that skill plays a huge part of the sport we all love. Hell what do think every person at MXdN thought a few years back win Villopoto waxed the best riders in the worlds as on a 250f? Like I said if it's a real deal race follow the rules given if were all fighting about classes and whatever else we won't even get a chance to line up at gate because places won't want the headache that goes along with putting a race on for us. I speak from experience we don't have many chances around me to race for the very reason ppl whining and crying small races can't accommodate everyone. As long as we are riding having fellowship with others that enjoy the same sport we do WHO CARES it's not like were pulling up in a factory rig with sponsors and 10 grand on the line.

This user has no status.

Quote Originally Posted by cjohnson_8118 View Post
    First, everyone needs to check out old Langtown races those guys were not ridden 50/110. Second, Vegas MoM any prestigious races or anything winning money is on the line hell no not fair to ride the 150 if it's just a weekend warrior race that we all struggle to even get to have a race don't be scared run what you got if you want to ride a husaberg 601 so be it il bang bars with ya and put you in the fence. We all do this for the love and joy of being on the bike. If it's a trophy your worried about I got hundreds you can have. Also as he said he didn't even win. So he can be beat so doesn't that make you just want to up your own skills to beat him. You don't get faster by racing with slower guys than yourself. Also you can take a 8 yr old kid on a 65 that can beat guys riding 450s we are all forgetting that skill plays a huge part of the sport we all love. Hell what do think every person at MXdN thought a few years back win Villopoto waxed the best riders in the worlds as on a 250f? Like I said if it's a real deal race follow the rules given if were all fighting about classes and whatever else we won't even get a chance to line up at gate because places won't want the headache that goes along with putting a race on for us. I speak from experience we don't have many chances around me to race for the very reason ppl whining and crying small races can't accommodate everyone. As long as we are riding having fellowship with others that enjoy the same sport we do WHO CARES it's not like were pulling up in a factory rig with sponsors and 10 grand on the line.
    Couldnt have said it better man, im glad to see a group of people like this. We all need to just need to chill and remember what its about...FUN.

As for the Langtown, thats what i was trying to say, they were saying "since the beginning of time"... pitbikes have always been air cooled, horizontal engines, open cradle, etc. but the true beginnings were on the bigger minis in the 70s with xr75s and at Langtown it was xr100s, ttr125s, i dont remember if the 150f was out yet(all before my time haha), and BBR had the 85 suspension on them with hopped up motors. the whole mod pitbike thing is a new thing(early 2000's for 50s and after 03 for the 110s)

True just tryin to make a point that any bike is better than no bike and riden the couch it hasn't been all 50s and 110s I've been around mx for 22 years and it doesn't matter if I'm on a 3.5 horse Briggs and Stratton or my 450 I've got a smile ear to ear and some pitbike riders have become more queens than top pro sx/mx riders. pitbikes are so we don't have to drop thousands into a bike to be competitive

is letting your hate, motivate :)

The bottom of the boot...where we tap it twice ;)
    If it's a trophy your worried about I got hundreds you can have.

Thanks, but I have my own stash. And your damn right I RACE for a trophy... not that my trophies, or finishing place has anything to do with this thread. If that was Lukes only bike to ride it would be different. He did this to give himself an advantage over everyone, and as stated before he was warned. Mini bikes are SMALL, thats the point. Im WAY taller than you and still manage to ride all mine just fine...

Quote Originally Posted by mr.skywalker View Post
    Couldnt have said it better man, im glad to see a group of people like this. We all need to just need to chill and remember what its about...FUN.

As for the Langtown, thats what i was trying to say, they were saying "since the beginning of time"... pitbikes have always been air cooled, horizontal engines, open cradle, etc. but the true beginnings were on the bigger minis in the 70s with xr75s and at Langtown it was xr100s, ttr125s, i dont remember if the 150f was out yet(all before my time haha), and BBR had the 85 suspension on them with hopped up motors. the whole mod pitbike thing is a new thing(early 2000's for 50s and after 03 for the 110s)

I dont need a history lesson on Pit bikes, as I am nearly twice your age. The fact that your trying to race this thing isnt going to effect me personally... but it will effect the rest of the young kids and old men trying to race PITBIKES that they have built.

I am glad you found a friend though... my suggestion to you is gather up all 8 of yall here on the Planet, and make some nice t shirts with maybe some pretty matching hair bows. Yall can all buy 85's and 150rs and put small wheels on them and have your own class. Dont forget to pick up stinky with his ttr125 You're not starting a revolution... you're being a dumbass.

Im DONE with this thread

is excited to test the big valve
    50cc ripper motor

rules are rules, its not a minibike!

even local MX clubs have rules

125-250fs

250-450f

thats for the bikes, then you got skill level thrown in there too this it so the racing stay competitive at everyones level

i remember seeing the mini 4stroke races in mags and BBR had some tricked out XR100 i think with CR80 suspension

but they was not racing with 50s and 110s they had rules too.

i have a CRF150rb for my girlfriend and 106cc xr50 the 150rb will kill the 50

if i was on the start gate on my 50 and a guy on a 150R lined up i would be kinda pissed too

This user has no status.

Yes i was warned and have taken responsibility for my poor choice of actions, but i honestly didnt do it to have an advantage over others, i simply felt that it was giving me equal chances(other than skill), but after racing it i KNOW NOW it has an advantage over the bikes i raced so i will not race it again without either everyone being on board with it, putting a large handicap on the bike or just never race it. And for the history lesson, i was just saying this bc YOU insisted that "since the beginning of time" about what pitbike rules are. I meant no disrespect, i just wanted to let you know that your reasoning had some holes. And if you are still offended by this then it is no longer me that has a problem as i have turned away from my wrong ways and tried my best to make amends. And for the abomination thing i was simply trying to lighten the mood of this rather dark and heated debate after having come to terms with everything.

And mooie, yes they have separate classes, but that was at sanctioned off events for "pitbikes" so they could have separate classes. The reason i felt like i was treated unfairly is bc i have a bike that is legal in a class at certain "pitbike" races so the fact that there is only one class for "pitbikes" i felt this entailed that all bikes that would be legal in ANY "pitbike" race, not just the true pitbikes(12inch, wheel, air cooled...) would have been legal/fair game.

This user has no status.

Quote Originally Posted by Vim View Post
    Yamaha 932, unmannered, disrespect. Can you just argue by a reason?

Haha , i can argue by a reason buddy ! i was just letting ya know we dont go by vegas rules or any rules . If i remeber right , the only rule in a pitbike class is there are no rules !

p.s. sorry if i hurt your feelings !

is a Blackhawk Engineer.

Quote Originally Posted by Rankin141 View Post
    It's about as fair as running 10" wheels on a 110 and running it in the 50 stock mod class. Total BS.

This.

Also about as fair as allowing anything other than a 50 in the 50 OF THE MONTH awards.

Wow I'm not against any one of you considering I ride a 10 inch bike myself but if were all going to cry about shit get exact rules for the event you are attending. you don't think ppl don't try to have an advantage in mx or sx? That is why there is an impound at am nationals and the option to protest if he needs to "follow" rules then everyone that is butthurt about this then you need to "follow" rules and protest him not just sit on here and bitch about a guy having fun. It guys like the ones on here complaining that take all fun out of it. And my last ? Is isn't Vegas called MINI moto sx? If so everyone needs to change some names because on here these bikes have there own spot titled Bigger MINIS see the similarity in the names nobody on here's bitchin about that and where are the guys that beat him I don't see them complaining cause they don't give a shit who or what there racing they no one thing winning! But once again no not exactly fair to be on it

Quote Originally Posted by Special~K View Post
    Thanks, but I have my own stash. And your damn right I RACE for a trophy... not that my trophies, or finishing place has anything to do with this thread. If that was Lukes only bike to ride it would be different. He did this to give himself an advantage over everyone, and as stated before he was warned. Mini bikes are SMALL, thats the point. Im WAY taller than you and still manage to ride all mine just fine...

I dont need a history lesson on Pit bikes, as I am nearly twice your age. The fact that your trying to race this thing isnt going to effect me personally... but it will effect the rest of the young kids and old men trying to race PITBIKES that they have built.

I am glad you found a friend though... my suggestion to you is gather up all 8 of yall here on the Planet, and make some nice t shirts with maybe some pretty matching hair bows. Yall can all buy 85's and 150rs and put small wheels on them and have your own class. Dont forget to pick up stinky with his ttr125 You're not starting a revolution... you're being a dumbass.

Im DONE with this thread

And also special k I ride a 10 in and love it and hate the thought of having to ride anything bigger for pitn and I am tall enough and have no problem riding mine either also my best friend is 6'5 240 and rips and has no problem either we have to know that skill does play a large part of what we enjoy!

[quote name='kgmx856' timestamp='1326403840' post='1751416']

This.

Also about as fair as allowing anything

other than a 50 in the 50 OF THE MONTH awards.

[/quote

We'll bad example because are any of the 50 of the month bikes actually 50s? No just small bikes with big motor just saying

is a Blackhawk Engineer.

We'll bad example because are any of the 50 of the month bikes actually 50s? No just small bikes with big motor just saying

Mine is a legit 50.

/whining

Quote Originally Posted by kgmx856 View Post
    Mine is a legit 50.

/whining

So you race a crf w a bone stock motor no big bore nothing?

is a Blackhawk Engineer.

I don't race it. I have a big bike meant for big people. I use my pit bike as a pit big. Call me weird.

Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Ads