The death of PM

PlanetMinis Forums

The death of PM

This is a discussion on The death of PM within the Roost Area forums, part of the General Talk category; After months almost a year of change the forum has pretty much been killed,,it's called planet minis and the main picture you guys out is ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree13Likes

Thread: The death of PM

is Playing catch up like it was
    08 to a dying mini scene

The death of PM

After months almost a year of change the forum has pretty much been killed,,it's called planet minis and the main picture you guys out is a full sized dirt bike and now a bunch of stupid ads as you've sold out to make money....there are no pictures in any threads and the layout is trash....you admins have ruined a very cool and important forum due to greed and no idea what this forum is about.....thanks guys

Maybe some input from the users would have helped you but that obviously wasn't a concern

is Almost ready

I just dont get it. were all now on the planetminis fb page.
    RAZZO likes this.

This user has no status.

Ehhh. DEATH is sort of harsh. I know I AM on the FB page, but I still am on here too. I LOVE this spot! It's always been the place where I show off my builds, a source of info, and my online hangout. I've seen alot of riders and builders come and go over the years. Lotta super cool bikes and ideas have taken place on here.

It's BEEN my opinion that the layout needs updated as far as the individual forums go. Been saying that for years now. Some forums should be combined, some deleted.

I think we should be talking about what we can do to make the site POP again, rather than throwing up our hands and saying that PM is dead, and that they sold out. Not sure who owns and/or operates PM, but they do have the right to make a few bucks off of it? No? PM has and does mean a lot to me, as well as the fun I have jacking around with mini bikes does. In my region, the scene is more alive than it has been. I think it's come full circle and we're back to the roots again to an extent. I say that because Stock Mod seems to be what's happening here in NE Ohio.

If it's possible-- I'd like to see the forums streamlined, and the FB site linked right to this one. Let's hear your ideas. --L*64
    Last edited by Luckystar64; 03-21-2017 at 03:48 AM.
    crf_132rider and Wandell like this.

This user has no status.

I'm with lucky, the site may have dwindled but it is still by far the best place to go for just about anything mini/pitbike related. I have not been very frequent on here for the last few years(moving and work kept me away) but I am starting to come back into the scene. I finally found a bbr klx110 that I have wanted one since 04 as a teenager so now I have a new reason to get back into it(still have 3 other pitbikes and part of ttr125 lol). Unfortunately I dont think(at least in the area I'm at now) will ever be big again. We do have an offroad/enduro series that has two pitbike classes(stock/under110cc and open outlaw) so at least we still have something but I do it because I still love it and not because it is popular, which is really all I think of us who are still here do.
    Wandell likes this.

This user has no status.

I agree with Lucky and Skywalker.

This user has no status.

There is a facebook page? :P Facebook has its place but it does not replace a forum. I don't know why many ppl stopped posting pictures. It is not hard at all.

is Replacing a clutch

I know I stopped posting pictures and deleted my thread as people would not comment or like the pictures. it just felt like a waste of time.

I don't really think it's the admins fault though.

I think it's more that people are too lazy to post on threads therefore people stop posting.

This user has no status.

Posting pics used to be super-easy with photo bucket or google, etc, but now those sites are much less user friendly. Not near as easy to post pics. It also seems like people reading the forums only tend to comment when they want to state a negative opinion on your posts. Why go through all the work of posting build pictures or repair pictures if the only comments are negative.

The ads on these sites suck. I hate pop-ups. The only way I made it tolerable is by using Adblock Plus.
    wisco, rdn50s, TankTheory and 2 others like this.
    Paul
    2008 Pitster X4 Motard Edition
    2017 Husqvarna FS 450 Supermoto

is Initial Success or Total
    Failure.

I was just thinking the same thing, back when I first started posting here the mini scene was big. Transworld was still sponsoring Master of Minis, Tbolt/TBparts/BBR were turning out mini products like no ones business, and this place was flooded with new people interested in the sport. I just feel like it's fallen flat, not primarily because of the change of ownership a few years ago when Nick left, but because the mini scene is general just died off.

I will say, it's been to come back and have people commenting being very very helpful and resourceful. It's nice to see the people who did stick around are the good ones.
    Wandell likes this.

is Almost ready

Pretty much everyone is on the fb page. We come here also but end up on fb.

This user has no status.

I haven't been on here in months. Between the actual app not working and having the fb page i haven't felt the need to. When's the damn app gonna be fixed?!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Imback likes this.

is When minibikes are outlawed,
    only outlaws will have
    minibikes. You can have mine
    soon as you pry my cold dead
    fingers off it.

Since I don't do fb, that pretty much means the only time I go here is when I am at my home computer...not so often.Every method I used to load pictures quit working, making it a lot less fun.

is Initial Success or Total
    Failure.

Quote Originally Posted by Imback View Post
    Pretty much everyone is on the fb page. We come here also but end up on fb.
    The facebook page is nice, since I primarily use PM for classifieds.

is Almost ready

the crazy part is alot of the riders from back when it was crazy packed still have there bikes in the garage.my next build is going to be a bbr or stock mod at the sametime. and its lot of people going to lacr tomorrow.

This user has no status.

A couple of thoughts from a member that mostly lurks.

I hate the enhanced mobile version, I pretty much only come here on my phone or Android tablet, and the first thing I do is to switch to the desktop version. I'm totally confused by why the main image is a full sized MX bike, that's just dumb.

There are way to many subforums. It's cumbersome.

I haven't tried to link pics, but I do like threads with lots of pics
    Threads without them will easily loose the eyeballs of those who don't completely understand what's being discussed. It's in any forums best interest to make linking pics easy.

Many, many once vibrant forums are loosing users to FB. It really sucks for those of us that refuse to be assimilated.

As for the mini scene, I'm a relative new comer, I wasn't around at it's peak. I do think that there is a great potential for growth in it though. I grew up on on dirt bikes, but life has gotten in the way of me being a regular rider. Modern 4t racing bikes have been really bad for the sport in my opinion, because they are so expensive to maintain, and not at all DIY friendly to most people.
    Now I'm a middle aged guy with a family and mortgage that just wants to ride and have fun with my kids. Pit bikes scratch that itch with huge bang for the buck. I think that should be viewed as market growth area for minis. Cheap family fun, not blinged out billet clad garage queen customs.
    On that note, I'm really looking forward to going to a few of tboltusa's pit bike MX events this year. I'm going to bring some friends too. I know that some of them will get it once they see it.

I'm a lot or active on thumper talk's forums, but it's mainly because they have a lot of traffic. I think the core of the planet minis community is made of higher quality stuff, I hope this forum sticks around for a while longer.
    davmo likes this.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links