PlanetMinis Forums banner

Semi-Trailer haul to Vegas from Southeast

2K views 33 replies 14 participants last post by  ChainReactionR1 
#1 ·
Well I just placed my order for my racebike for Vegas. Now thats settled I thought I would see if their is interest from racers going to Vegas to load their bikes and their equipment/tools onto a semi trailer. Trailer would have to be loaded in McDonough, GA. You bring your bikes and your tools/equipment, load on the semi, my teammate and I will be with the semi all the way to Vegas. I own the trailer that will be used to transport the bikes/equipment. A company I use on a daily basis called Trailer Convoys will be the one pulling the trailer to Vegas. 1st of all, Yes their will be a insurance policy covering the trailer and contents inside by Trailer Convoy. I'm sure some sort of release would have to be signed if this goes into motion, but most importantly to all of us, our bikes make it to Vegas in the shape and form the left in. I also have a kingpin lock that will be put on the trailer once in Vegas so some trucker cant hook up and take-off. I am just trying to help racers wanting to make Vegas from the Southeast region without dishing out $2000 in travel fees. Rough estimates are we would need approximately 15 bikes, and the price to haul there and back would be $600-$700. Does this sound of interest to anyone?

***just a thought here, hauling tools and equipment might be tricky, dont want people getting their tools mixed up, so some sort of organization would need to be figured out so peoples tires/tools/etc. doesnt get switched swapped around, know what I mean? Shrinkwrap and a permanent marker might be the answer, but that can be figured out should this come together.

See less See more
#27 ·
KLX_pitbike_racer said:
I go through this every year. I know I could do better out there if I was able to ride my own pit bike. But when I look at the expense to get a bike out there it always kills the party. I applaud 'chain' for even offering to set this whole thing up for us east coasters. It is a lot of effeort & I don't know that I would do it. That is true pit bike support at the grass roots level. I just wish I could come up with the cash to join you. But it looks like I'll be flying out with my gear bag & trying to bum a ride again this year. Luckily I have industry connections that have made this possible the last couple years (Thanks Jack-o at Big Minis, Ray at RJR Performance, Mike at TB parts & Jeff at Mini Gunz). Good luck & I hope you win a #1 plate out there 'chain'. Pit Bikes Rule!

thanks man

JJC2374 said:
I am interested. I am not too far from the southside. Will we be able to pit out of the truck? Sounds like a good deal to me. Can we build crates that come apart and get moved with pallet jacks. How were you thinking it would work. I was just going to go this year and watch and then ride next year but this sounds good to me. Let us know if it is going to happen.

Thanks,

Jeff

of course you could pit out of this thing, and yes you can build a crate if you would like and I could bring a pallet jack. I have a huge generator for a TV and the PS3, and anything else that may need electricity.

Got to have atleast 15 bikes though, we aint even close

#33 ·
There will be guys that had wished they took you up on your offer. By the time they make the 4k mile journey and pay all the expenses and the unfortunate circumstances that can occur they may rethink your idea for next year...

Slapaho16 has a sweet deal if he's only charging $100 a bike...round trip?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.