This place is dead

PlanetMinis Forums

This place is dead

This is a discussion on This place is dead within the Stunt Minis forums, part of the General Talk category; Did everyone just quit?...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: This place is dead

This user has no status.

This place is dead

Did everyone just quit?

is ride till you die

Some ppl tried rippin me off so i got sick of s**t now im jus a lurker no point innasking questions either cuz every one is craby... I plan on takin this to the track next weekend
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image-497181125.jpg 
Views:	199 
Size:	441.1 KB 
ID:	155148  
    Last edited by dirtbkr188; 01-20-2015 at 04:41 PM.

This user has no status.

lol I've obviously been away for far too long.

4. Remove Advertisements
    PlanetMinis.com
    Advertisements

is Took Portland's job. I may be
    getting demoted again...

The scene died but I believe has made a little bit of progress in the past year.

This user has no status.

If I can ever get my bike fixed I'll be back around a lot more often.

is 12 0 clock

Nobody wants to come on this site. To tell it like I was was told. There is a small amount of people on here who are hoarding all the good stuff and they ask way to much when they sell. Some people have way more s**t then they could ever use and they don't even really ride. Most of my friends just buy new and don't mess with people on here.

This user has no status.

Quote Originally Posted by sticky5280 View Post
    Nobody wants to come on this site. To tell it like I was was told. There is a small amount of people on here who are hoarding all the good stuff and they ask way to much when they sell. Some people have way more shit then they could ever use and they don't even really ride. Most of my friends just buy new and don't mess with people on here.
    Lol what if I have a lot of stuff that I use and don't want to sell? There are a few threads going worth chiming into. Not many. A few cool build threads going but for most of us it's too cold to ride. My rearend isn't riding in snow anymore. I am passed that point so I have zero pictures to post.

is 12 0 clock

Then you're a hoarder and I'll roundhouse you in the back of the head spine buster style motoxracer

is Took Portland's job. I may be
    getting demoted again...

Ya it's definitely a little quiet due to winter. But saying there's a few people hoarding all the parts isn't true. Yes some us don't like to let go of spare parts and parts for future builds but buying many parts new isn't an option anymore. Everything I own has a price tag but I'm not going to give it away if I don't want to part with it. I think that there's are too many pit bikes out there just collecting dust or that have been ridden into the ground as people don't see what they have or just lost interest.

This user has no status.

Lol u can round house me. I'll still have a garage full of pit bike parts lol haha. I could probably build a few bikes if I wanted lol. I don't want to right now. I want to finish a 125 build I have been doing.

is 12 0 clock

Do you have any primmy frames laying around collecting dust? I want one and I promise that bike will get punished daily. It's been snowing a lot here in colorado

This user has no status.

I'm new to the site, and to the scene. Here's my perspective on it. Yep, the mini bike scene died! And, those with the parts and bikes didn't get the memo.

You want how much for a frame that's no longer in production, that goes on little toy bike? GTFO. I can have my own custom frame built by one of the best builders in the country for that price.

Every bike I'm looking at on Craigslist has a ridiculous price, it's not moved in months, the people selling them are kinda dicks, and the Chinese have bikes a plenty for under $1,000.

Long live the crf150r, the two strokes, the cheap Chinese bikes .... oh yeah, and the real bikes.

is if you aint getting hurt you
    aint riding hard enough

Quote Originally Posted by nameless1 View Post
    I'm new to the site, and to the scene. Here's my perspective on it. Yep, the mini bike scene died! And, those with the parts and bikes didn't get the memo.

You want how much for a frame that's no longer in production, that goes on little toy bike? GTFO. I can have my own custom frame built by one of the best builders in the country for that price.

Every bike I'm looking at on Craigslist has a ridiculous price, it's not moved in months, the people selling them are kinda dicks, and the Chinese have bikes a plenty for under $1,000.

Long live the crf150r, the two strokes, the cheap Chinese bikes .... oh yeah, and the real bikes.
    But here's one thing I've seen them sell for wayyyyyyyy cheaper then new for bbr v2/3 frames. China bikes that cheap new are pretty much junk. If you want something that is pretty bullet Proof buy jap haha. But china has came a long way in that last 6 years.
    2006 Crf 250x
    fmf mega bomb, FMf ti 4 slip on, k&n air filter, excel rims and red spokes, hrc oversized bar clamps, protaper oversized bars, zeta unbreakable levers, trail tech vector computer, white plastics , true gel battery, smoked 8 led tail light

2008 klx 110
    twobros m6, twobros intake, twobros tall seat, fox float mxr, kx 65 front end, chp clutch kit, xr50 pro taper bars, tb foot pegs and mount, bump start kit, black pro wheels

Supporting Member
    is ready for Saturday...

I remember when we didn't just come for parts... we came to read, learn, talk about minis. Check out the builds, score a part you needed, do your own build thread and enter bike of the month. I've watched the scene go in the gutter, but we are still here.

That being said, I'm also not part of the BBR fan club, and I love my "China bike" just as much as my jap bikes, both of which have lasted years btw.
    Last edited by Special~K; 05-30-2015 at 02:54 AM.
    Misfit Minis LXR - Hidden Content
    Misfit Minis KLX110 - Hidden Content

Big thanks to RSWracing.com, JJWDesigns.com, Dynamic sales inc. (eBay store) and long live the G.D.F.P.

Hidden Content

This user has no status.

this is a talk on everysite im on ie tacomaworld supermotojunkie and here. its not that the scene has vanished but that forums are dying. facebook and other social media bullcrap are taking over "we didnt get the memo" lol. forums are old school and im not knocking it because i learn everyday from forums by reading and looking at builds.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links