what are these bolts/hardware for in the 143 kit

PlanetMinis Forums

This is a discussion on what are these bolts/hardware for in the 143 kit within the T-Bolt USA forums, part of the PM Supporting Vendors category; sorry if this is the wrong forum, I tried sending a private message but it wouldn't allow me to add pictures so I figured I'd ...

This user has no status.

sorry if this is the wrong forum, I tried sending a private message but it wouldn't allow me to add pictures so I figured I'd post here to get a response from the seller.

so I split my cases to put the stroker and 4 so shift drum in. decided I'd get new bearings and seals while i was in there, but i started assembking the rest of my 143v2 kit so it would be more of a bolt and go once i get my bearings replaced. i installed the rocker arms, the exhaust studs. I mounted the carb to the boot, and the boot to the intake, but have yet to install the black intake spacers and gaskets.

long story short, there's a few pieces of hardware that I'm not sure what there purpose is for. I have 2 studs left that are different lengths, one Allen bolt, and one nut. what are these for exactly? I don't see anything that I would uses these for when I waa tearing down my sticker, my only guess would be to use one stud on the intake port if the head, and the Allen for the other side? just doesn't make sense to me. could you help me out and point me in the right directions for these. (and yes I have the owners manual, the service manual, and even the cyclepedia manual (which I definitely think is a great help)

here's a pic of the hardware I'm speaking of, remember I already have the exhaust studs in place
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20170430_225722_1493644885336.jpg 
Views:	8 
Size:	2.08 MB 
ID:	208553   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20170430_225619_1493644977803.jpg 
Views:	8 
Size:	1.71 MB 
ID:	208561  

Super Moderator
    is grateful again...

Supporting Member

You're probably on the right track, with regards to a stud on one side and allen head bolt on the other. The differing lengths may be for whether you use the black heatstop or not, using the taller stud/bolt if you do install it.
    - dirtbkr188 -

This user has no status.

ok, thanks for the reply. is the heat stop really necessary, does it help with performance? regardless, if that's the purpose of these left over pieces of hardware, instead of using a stud I have stainless hex head bolts of the proper length id prefer to use if possible. I just want to make sure I'm not missing something simple.

4. Remove Advertisements
    PlanetMinis.com
    Advertisements

This user has no status.

okay, I finally figured it out by doing more searching on this forum, but I believe this is the answer, correct me if I'm wrong. due to the intake "S" shape, one side will have to use a stud. you can use a normal bolt on the other side. the reason there is 2 sizes if each is because if you'd like to used the black spacer. so does anyone have any recommendations if using this spacer; should ?, should I not? if I do i have heard of people reaming it larger? what's the general consensus? thanks alot guys.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

is I only do 2 things , Ride Dirt
    Bikes and Wanting to Ride Dirt
    bikes !!

Quote Originally Posted by dirtbkr188 View Post
    You're probably on the right track, with regards to a stud on one side and allen head bolt on the other. The differing lengths may be for whether you use the black heatstop or not, using the taller stud/bolt if you do install it.
    Yes its just hardware to help you with the intake install
    You put the stud in and that helps you line up the bolt

Heat spacer question:
    Cooler fuel burns better so better performance
    T Bolt USA - Let's go riding!

All the top Pit Bikes, Engines and Parts for Pit bikes & Minis! Let us know if we can help!

Hidden Content - Hidden Content - Hidden Content - Hidden Content - (704) T-BOLT-US - Skype: TBoltUSA

Sponsored Links