Pit Bike Wheels with Color Options?

PlanetMinis Forums

This is a discussion on Pit Bike Wheels with Color Options? within the Vendor Area forums, part of the PM Supporting Vendors category; Any of the vendors on here know of any companies making quality pit bike wheels with different color options for the hubs/rim? I am specifically ...

This user has no status.

Any of the vendors on here know of any companies making quality pit bike wheels with different color options for the hubs/rim? I am specifically looking for blue hubs and black rims in 14/12 combo. Pitster and piranha are the two Chinese companies I know of that make quality wheels at a good price but they don't offer any options for color as far as I know...

is if you aint getting hurt you
    aint riding hard enough

Quote Originally Posted by punkguitarist View Post
    Any of the vendors on here know of any companies making quality pit bike wheels with different color options for the hubs/rim? I am specifically looking for blue hubs and black rims in 14/12 combo. Pitster and piranha are the two Chinese companies I know of that make quality wheels at a good price but they don't offer any options for color as far as I know...
    Just get your hubs powder coated and get some rims for it
    2006 Crf 250x
    fmf mega bomb, FMf ti 4 slip on, k&n air filter, excel rims and red spokes, hrc oversized bar clamps, protaper oversized bars, zeta unbreakable levers, trail tech vector computer, white plastics , true gel battery, smoked 8 led tail light

2008 klx 110
    twobros m6, twobros intake, twobros tall seat, fox float mxr, kx 65 front end, chp clutch kit, xr50 pro taper bars, tb foot pegs and mount, bump start kit, black pro wheels

is Language....its english bitch

Pretty much only option
    Sometimes I go fast, but most of the time I just think about it.

4. Remove Advertisements
    PlanetMinis.com
    Advertisements

This user has no status.

Quote Originally Posted by Maktastik View Post
    Just get your hubs powder coated and get some rims for it
    Ya I thought about doing that, its just a pain in the ass having to dissassemble and then ship out the parts to be colored, and then reassemble (not to mention the cost of reassembling the wheels because I dont know how to build wheels myself nor do I have a truing stand). It would be a lot easier if I could find some wheels already anodized/powercoated the color I want. Plus I am probably going to need to buy new wheels anyways. But if I did go that route, what do you think is better for coloring the hubs: powder coating or anodizing?

Also does anyone know the quality of YCF pit bike parts? They are available here in the USA, but they are a pretty popular high end pit bike company in Europe. I was looking at their catalog the other day and they have an awesome selection of all kinds of parts (wheels, triple clamps, wheel spacers, engine dress up kits, hose clamps, brake resevoir caps etc)for their bikes anodized in just about any color you would want. The parts are reasonably priced and look pretty trick and they are decently priced.

Heres a pic I found of their wheels,
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ycf wheel.png 
Views:	141 
Size:	53.7 KB 
ID:	147512   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	asdfdasdf.png 
Views:	145 
Size:	65.6 KB 
ID:	147513  

This user has no status.

Quote Originally Posted by punkguitarist View Post
    Also does anyone know the quality of YCF pit bike parts? They are available here in the USA, but they are a pretty popular high end pit bike company in Europe.
    I've been looking for wheel options as well. It appears YCF only has one US distributor, a place that sells exclusively on ebay, and does not stock/sell anything for 50's

This user has no status.

Those are the same style hubs that came factory on my 07 Motovert so they are beefy
    1975 CT70 - YX160, extended swinger, shocks, inverted forks, 12inch rims with 120 front 130 rear, Disc Brakes
    07 Motorvert Pro frame - YX200, Custom Exhaust, 255mm Front Disc with Radial Caliper, Marzocchi Forks, Elka Rear Shock, 12 inch PMT Slicks
    Backup B Bike - 110cc, 10 inch PMT Slicks

Sponsored Links