PlanetMinis Forums

Race Report - Wilson Creek MX

This is a discussion on Race Report - Wilson Creek MX within the Vintage Honda XR75 and JDM Vertical Motors forums, part of the General Talk category; Sunday was the final round of the Pacific Northwest Vintage MX inaugural season (pacificnorthwestvmx.com). Unfortunately schedule conflicts kept us from attending all but the final ...

is almost done with the XR75...

Race Report - Wilson Creek MX

Sunday was the final round of the Pacific Northwest Vintage MX inaugural season (pacificnorthwestvmx.com). Unfortunately schedule conflicts kept us from attending all but the final race. The track was typical Eastern Washington; dry and dusty sage land, but well worth the 3.5 hour drive for a fast and fun track.

PM member lewh was there with his trick Jeff Ward replica XR75. His son missed the race due to a Razor scooter crash, but lewh was bombing around on the XR in the 4-stroke EVO class. He also raced a '76 CR125 in the TransAm class.

My two boys came along to do some racing too. It was my youngest boys first race on his CRF50 (not exactly a vintage bike) and went 5-5 for fifth in class. He's ready to do more racing though. My oldest boy raced his '74 XR75. He went 3-2 on the day, finishing second overall to a KLX110. Two months ago I was ready to part out the XR, but a new Sheng Wey 20mm carb and some NOS Betor shocks courtesy of PM member ShapeShifter have made all the difference in the world. The next step is to stuff an XR80 motor in the frame.

My results were less than spectacular. Maybe once I finish working on the XR I'll get the chance to actually work on my bikes.

is XR75 & YZ80 NUT!

Way to go! you should try a poked and stroked xr80 engine,that would really wake that bike up!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by hobbeekid
    Way to go! you should try a poked and stroked xr80 engine,that would really wake that bike up!!!!
    Stock XR80 motor going in the '74, gonna hotrod the other XR80 motor for The Project XR.

This user has no status.

I need to get on here more!

Bill had a blast at the race. What a turn out for the old bikes. Great meeting you and the boys. Can't wait until next years series. Hopefully you and the boys can make it out to more races. Next year will be the last year for my son on the XR I have to find him an old CR 80.

I'll be racing the XR again at Mud Slingers this year in the pitbike class. It's hard to hang with those full size bikes! Bring the boys out!

JR

Tieton has a vintage mx on the 28th that we're going to. Did some trail riding on vintage trials bikes up at Walker today. Wet but fun.

This user has no status.

I'm sponsoring a Haunted MX clinic on the 27th, that does a haunted house after so that would be a long day and a long drive at night. I'll talk to the kid to see if he wants to skip the haunted house.

Ads