PlanetMinis Forums banner

1978 Honda XL75 street legal motard ?

4K views 5 replies 3 participants last post by  z50 chopper 
#1 ·
Hi guys , i picHi guys , i picked up a 78 XL75 frame with a street title (just frame & title , no swinger , triple or forks) what id like to do is turn it into a motard for my wife (5'0" , 100lbs) . So i guess my question is whats the cheapest easiest way to accomplish this ? Im mechanically inclined but not a fabricator . What are the differences between lets say a 2000 XR100 frame & the XL75 frame if i was to buy a donor (would this be the easiest route) ? Thanks in advance for any helpful thoughts .ked up a 78 XL75 frame with a street title (just frame & title , no swinger , triple or forks) what id like to do is turn it into a motard for my wife (5'0" , 100lbs) . So i guess my question is whats the cheapest easiest way tHi guys , i picked up a 78 XL75 frame with a street title (just frame & title , no swinger , triple or forks) what id like to do is turn it into a motard for my wife (5'0" , 100lbs) . So i guess my question is whats the cheapest easiest way to accomplish this ? Im mechanically inclined but not a fabricator . What are the differences between lets say a 2000 XR100 frame & the XL75 frame if i was to buy a donor (would this be the easiest route) ? Thanks in advance for any helpful thoughts .o accomplish this ? Im mechanically inclined but not a fabricator . What are the differences between lets say a 2000 XR100 frame & the XL75 frame if i was to buy a donor (would this be the easiest route) ? Thanks in advance for any helpful thoughts .

#4 ·
Starting out with these : frame w/ street doc's , 1984 XR100 swingarm , NOS Red Wing shocks , chain guide , & new swingarm bushings . I got to find somewhere to do some painting (leaning toward a yellow frame/swinger/brakestay , crazy ?) & im still on the search for a cheap donor XR/CRF100 . My buddy supposedly has a tank , seat & headlight from a late 70's mini Honda im going to try to barter on for some auto work he needs done depending on the condition . Sorry if the pics are huge or microscopic im computer illiterate .​
Attached Images

#5 ·
^ This is what im starting out with . Frame with street doc's , 1984 XR100 swinger , chainguide & new bushings , NOS Red Wing shocks . Im still in the process of finding a cheap donor XR/CRF100 bike locally as well as finding somewhere to paint the frame & swinger that has heat - leaning towards a bright yellow , crazy ? My buddy supposedly has a tank , seat , & headlight im going to try to barter for some auto work he needs done depending on the condition . Sorry if the pics are huge or microscopic , Im pretty much computer illiterate .

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.