PlanetMinis Forums banner

75 xr75 no spark

7K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  rupp49er 
#1 ·
picked up basket case xr75.the flywheel and stator plate were in a box so there was probally a no spark problem before.after inspecting the advance on the flywheel was broken and the plate wiring was all cobled together.so i got a used flywheel and plate off of ebay.i replaced the points and condensor but still no spark.is there a way to test the primary coil or something else i am missing to prevent spark.

#3 ·
I know this is an old thread but I was wondering if you ever got it to work? My bike started to run intermittently then stopped all together. We replaced the points and condenser, spark plug and coil and eventually the complete stator. Still nothing. I finally bit the bullet and bought a used flywheel on ebay and it still wouldn't start, we went back to the original coil and it fired right up. I know the flywheel was it because we had it together in just about every combination we could of old and new to try to nail down the exact cause. The bad aftermarket coil was just another curve ball we dealt with.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.