PlanetMinis Forums

12" Front Rim

This is a discussion on 12" Front Rim within the Yamaha TTR50 forums, part of the General Talk category; Every time i post i only get 1 or 2 replies haha. This forum needs a little more life. So i was thinking with stock ...

Thread: 12" Front Rim

This user has no status.

Every time i post i only get 1 or 2 replies haha. This forum needs a little more life. So i was thinking with stock forks with heavy duty springs i was going to run a 12" FRONT wheel and a aftermarket rear shock (like a float or ishock). My thought were better handling and more ground clearance. Has anyone dont this with stock forks and stockk swingarm (still running 10" rear).

This user has no status.

i dont believe it would look right. that stock swingarm will look really disproportional compared to the front end. also im sure itll sit really front end high

This user has no status.

will the 12" front tire clear the head of the motor with stock forks? But I agree I don't think the bike would sit correctly.

This user has no status.

well it will raise the front 1" because that extra 2" diameter in the wheel is slit on each side, so that in conjunction with a slightly longer shock i thought might work and make it sit correctly. The clearances are ok though. Perhaps i will buy a cheap knockoff rim on ebay to try it first before i buy a $150 rim and spokes

is getting old.!!!!

run ttr 90 forks with ttr 90 front wheel plus 5 swing arm on longer shock.....or you can do it like my old ttr 50...

This user has no status.

I to am looking to add the 12" front wheel - however this is not a pit bike. My son races Hare Scrambles and needs a bigger front tire/wheel combo to roll over obstacles easier. Any help here...

is currently licking windows

I think that PW80 forks will work as well.....I researched this once and I remember (I think) that the PW80 could be used/modifed to work....however in the interim I got a sweet deal on some TTR50 SP-5s so now I have the set of PW80 forks that I am not going to use so I am not going to put the theory of PW80 forks to work....bummer

This user has no status.

I have TTR-50 with 12" front and rear tires. I love the 12" over 10". I order mine at BBR

Ads