my son's ttr50 project

PlanetMinis Forums

my son's ttr50 project

This is a discussion on my son's ttr50 project within the Yamaha TTR50 forums, part of the General Talk category; Picked up this 12 ttr50 for 300 bucks needed a tank shroud grips and seat cover, gear shift was stripped ( not the shaft the ...

This user has no status.

my son's ttr50 project

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20160505_110302.jpg 
Views:	144 
Size:	2.13 MB 
ID:	175245
    Picked up this 12 ttr50 for 300 bucks needed a tank shroud grips and seat cover, gear shift was stripped ( not the shaft the actual shifter) and the wires to the electric start button were pulled out of the harness.

Got it home that afternoon and pressure washed it drilled out the shifter bolt and put an new one on with a bolt on the backside to keep it tight changed the oil and cleaned the filter wire a horn button to the starter relay, Have a lot of parts on order all of which he picked out so will post up pics as they come in he has been scared to ride a rzr electric dirt bike since he was about 4, so my goal in this project is to let him do the bike the way he wants and help me with it as parts come in and hopefully this will motivate him further into the sport. He is already tearing it up in the yard really seems to like it. Will keep ya'll posted as he makes progress.

is Lurking in the shadow's

Look's good for the money.
    It's surprising how many late model bike's are out there cheap now day's

This user has no status.

Graphics and seat cover came in today hopefully we'll have time to get those on when he gets home from school. Still waiting on the spoke wraps, maybe they'll come in the mail later this afternoon. Most everything ordered is cosmetics only as he progresses might do some performance and suspension but more than likey just move him up to something that's already setup to race. He keeps asking when we're going to the track wish this rain would quit so we could get a good weekend to go.

4. Remove Advertisements
    PlanetMinis.com
    Advertisements

This user has no status.

And no doubt on the good deals out there you just gotta jump on em as soon as they pop up. I thought 300 was fair for the condition till I got home and cleaned it up and got it running good. It was basically mint other than the few things that were wrong with it frame and swing arm have no scratches tires chain and sprocket are still like new and was told they're original. someone just didn't care enough to keep it out of the weather. Then the po messaged me and said he was sending the title in the mail I was stoked!! It was a steal at 300 and will be able to keep it for both kids and still make money on it in a few years when they move up.

This user has no status.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	s-l400.jpg 
Views:	56 
Size:	14.1 KB 
ID:	175269Click image for larger version. 

Name:	s-l400-1.jpg 
Views:	61 
Size:	39.2 KB 
ID:	175270
    Graphics and seat cover he picked out. I tried to talk him into black seat with red ribs but he really liked this one it will look good either way I'm sure it's his bike anyways so long as he's happy with it. Also pawder coated the engine plugs and tapped and cam cover red and got some red spoke wraps on the way. He was more I terested in the anodized billed parts he was seeing while we were shopping so might have to hook him up with some of that as well, anyone know if there is dress up kit available for the ttr other than the gytr Yamaha parts.

This user has no status.

Sano has cam covers and I think some other stuff for a ttr50 still. Everything's listed on eBay or you could probably pm sanodave on here

This user has no status.

Finally got it all put together he did a killer job picking out the graphics and seat I don't think the black with blue ridges like I wanted would have looked as good as the red one he wantedClick image for larger version. 

Name:	20160506_234355.jpg 
Views:	70 
Size:	4.31 MB 
ID:	175331Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20160506_235411.jpg 
Views:	83 
Size:	4.47 MB 
ID:	175332
    Gonna paint the swing arm the bars and fork clamp black and be done with it

Sponsored Links