GYTR kit part #s - Page 2

PlanetMinis Forums

GYTR kit part #s

This is a discussion on GYTR kit part #s within the Yamaha TTR50 forums, part of the General Talk category; What kind of kit? standard 88 or something more?...

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    This user has no status.

What kind of kit? standard 88 or something more?
    06 ttr50: V2 i-shock, sp-5s, gytr sport kit, gytr kickstart kit, TwoBros gas cap, TwoBros tall seat, TwoBros bar kit, TwoBros M-6 pipe, TwoBros Swingarm, TwoBros HD peg mount, Kitaco 88.

04 ttr125: dual sport kit, BBR 150 kit, moose sprockets, moose bars, uni air filter, BBR chain guide, Bridgestone dual sport tires, Barnett clutch kit, BBR frame cradle.

This user has no status.

yeah standard 88. dyno charts show about 5.5 horse power. again, this info is from my two bros rep. an word on the quality of takegawa?

This user has no status.

Has anybody found out the part number for the high flow oil pump? I called yamaha directly and they told me to get in touch with my local yamaha dealer which I did and I fould absolutely useless....

On a side note, what are the part number for the clutch parts included in the big bore kit?

4. Remove Advertisements
    PlanetMinis.com
    Advertisements

This user has no status.

Quote Originally Posted by justin_l_
    Has anybody found out the part number for the high flow oil pump? I called yamaha directly and they told me to get in touch with my local yamaha dealer which I did and I fould absolutely useless....

On a side note, what are the part number for the clutch parts included in the big bore kit?

Justin, great question! I would sure like the part #s for that GYTR oil pump and GYTR clutch pressure plate and disks.

Mike

This user has no status.

Mike,

Don't you already have those parts since you have the GYT-R BBK on your TTR?

This user has no status.

Quote Originally Posted by theroyz71
    Mike,

Don't you already have those parts since you have the GYT-R BBK on your TTR?

David,

Yes I do on my GYTR BBK but I'm buying another one that has a 88 Kitaco kit on it without the GYTR oil pump and heavy duty clutch and I want to install these on that one as well as well. I dont have a BB pipe on my bike now just a regular FMF powercore. Looking at buying a bbr BB pipe. You want first dibs on my regular FMF powercore? Probably be the end of this month before I sell.

Mike

This user has no status.

Sure. I doubt I'll have the money but check with me first if you don't mind.

This user has no status.

My Yamaha parts guy is researching GYTR high volume OIL PUMP, GYTR H/D Clutch disks, and GYTR H/D Pressure plate. He is pretty good hopefully he'll get part #s. I'll post when he gives them to me.

Mike

This user has no status.

For those of you who dont know, Powroll now offers a high-compression piston kit for the 50 that uses a stock 90 cylinder or it can be used in the GYTR bore kit. 11.5:1 compression with GYTR kit and 15:1 compression with the stock 50 head.
    06 ttr50: V2 i-shock, sp-5s, gytr sport kit, gytr kickstart kit, TwoBros gas cap, TwoBros tall seat, TwoBros bar kit, TwoBros M-6 pipe, TwoBros Swingarm, TwoBros HD peg mount, Kitaco 88.

04 ttr125: dual sport kit, BBR 150 kit, moose sprockets, moose bars, uni air filter, BBR chain guide, Bridgestone dual sport tires, Barnett clutch kit, BBR frame cradle.

This user has no status.

Well I made some progress with the Clutch disks today, they are available under the part numbers on the first page of this thread (friction disks) They retail for like $48 and they are available from yamaha dealers. There is no pressure plate, just the two disks.

We spent like 2 hours trying to figure out the oil pump, we know the part numbers and they are also on the first page, rotor housing, rotor assy., pump cover, and the pump cover gasket. The pump cover gasket is the only thing that came up. The dealer was on the phone with some guy at yamaha direct when I left and he said that he would get back to me tomorrow with results hopefully.

This user has no status.

Quote Originally Posted by justin_l_
    Well I made some progress with the Clutch disks today, they are available under the part numbers on the first page of this thread (friction disks) They retail for like $48 and they are available from yamaha dealers. There is no pressure plate, just the two disks.

We spent like 2 hours trying to figure out the oil pump, we know the part numbers and they are also on the first page, rotor housing, rotor assy., pump cover, and the pump cover gasket. The pump cover gasket is the only thing that came up. The dealer was on the phone with some guy at yamaha direct when I left and he said that he would get back to me tomorrow with results hopefully.

Justin... exactly how my trip to Yamaha went as well. Parts guy says oil pump not available. Pretty much can get all of the clutch stuff, as far as the pressure plate not sure... I see the clamp listed with the clutch items, don't know what that would be unless that is the pressure plate??

Mike

This user has no status.

Ok, so today I went back down to the yamaha shop and we called yamaha directly from the shop. After talking to some guy for about half an hour we got redirected to some other guy. He said he was the manager of parts customer service. Talked to him for about an hour and finally he told us that there are part numbers for it, but they are not selling the pump components yet and they do not know when it is going to be available.

This blows now I have no way to get an oil pump and I don't know if I really want to put on a big bore kit to just have it seize.

This user has no status.

Thanks Justin, keep us in the loop, surley they will start selling the oil pumps seperatly. I sure would like to put on in the KITACO88 BBK ttr50. Maybe one of these people that say you don't need the high volume oil pump will buy their kit and not install the pump and want to sell it.

Mike

This user has no status.

I am thinking of buying the kit and selling it minus the oil pump and clutch disks. I just don't think that the GYTR kit has enough power. Maybe with the high comp piston and stroked it would go good, but that is a lot of money...

This user has no status.

I'm hoping that they have more options available by the time I'm ready to get a bbk. Actually, I'm ready now but I don't have the jack.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links