PlanetMinis Forums

My First CT70 Clone

This is a discussion on My First CT70 Clone within the Z50, CT70 and JDM Monkeybikes forums, part of the General Talk category; Hey guys, I'm really new to the whole mini bike scene, but i'm really interested in buying a CT70 looking bike. I have been doing ...

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By mini_mike

Thread: My First CT70 Clone

is new.

My First CT70 Clone

Hey guys,
    I'm really new to the whole mini bike scene, but i'm really interested in buying a CT70 looking bike. I have been doing a little research here and there and i've narrowed my options. However, i would love to get the opinion from some of you more experienced riders. What is most important to me is a bike that is of good quality and decent speed for i do not seek to do any drastic modifications until i am more experienced. I would like to know which bikes you've guys bought and your feedback about them. Keep in my mind, i plan on keeping my bike stock for awhile. Which brands are best and what would you suggest for someone like me? Any advice and feedback is greatly appreciated!

Heres a list of some bikes that i've been looking into. In order of my first choice and down:

Piranha Flashback CT-125
    Pitser Pro Classic 125
    Skyteam Skymax 125
    SSR ST-125
    Lifan LF110GY-3

Thanks again!
    -rd.

is Restoring a 1971 z50a k2

i recently purchased the Piranha Flashback z-125 and the only problems i am having is

1 ) keeping the Front tire on the ground , this bike has a crap load of power
    2 ) a few annoying pesky rattles that i am still trying to narrow down.
    3 ) Finding time to ride.
    4 ) Trying to stop for gas with out people walking up asking Questions.

Other than that i would highly recommend --> http://http://wholesale-cycle.com/cgi-bin/commerce.cgi?display=home they are really nice people and riders like us & if something brakes you have a life line to contact them for support.

Here is a pick of my mini
    Last edited by mini_mike; 09-11-2012 at 03:18 AM.

is new.

Quote Originally Posted by mini_mike View Post
    i recently purchased the Piranha Flashback z-125 and the only problems i am having is

1 ) keeping the Front tire on the ground , this bike has a crap load of power
    2 ) a few annoying pesky rattles that i am still trying to narrow down.
    3 ) Finding time to ride.
    4 ) Trying to stop for gas with out people walking up asking Questions.

Other than that i would highly recommend --> http://http://wholesale-cycle.com/cgi-bin/commerce.cgi?display=home they are really nice people and riders like us & if something brakes you have a life line to contact them for support.

Here is a pick of my mini

Yes, I've been leaning towards the Piranha Flashback bikes, but before I officially settle on it I just wanted to compare it to the other bikes. Am I getting the most for my dollar? After all, it is the most expensive one out of them all .

Also, I live in California and I have seen mixed reviews on whether or not the Piranha Flashback CT125 is street legal in my state.
    The guys over at www.wholesale-cycle.com say it is NOT street legal in California: http://wholesale-cycle.com/cgi-bin/c...ction&key=2567
    But the folks over at www.TBoltUSA.com say it is street legal in California: http://tboltusa.com/store/piranha-fl...ck-p-2449.html

Can someone clear up the confusion here?
    Thanks!
    -rd.
    Last edited by rd.; 09-11-2012 at 03:27 PM.

is stashing ammo

I have heard that these bikes are NOT legal in CA. I know that they say 50 state legal, but someone on here has brought forward argument against that. Perhaps they will chime in...

-HFM

is new.

Quote Originally Posted by HondaFiddyMan View Post
    I have heard that these bikes are NOT legal in CA. I know that they say 50 state legal, but someone on here has brought forward argument against that. Perhaps they will chime in...

-HFM
    The Piranha model is the only one that I have come across that has been deemed NOT street legal. And I have only seen that on the wholesale-cycle site. Other CT70 clone models, such as the Pitster Pro Classic, Skymax 125, etc have all been labeled "50 state legal". There are also motorcycle/scooter shops that sell CT70 clones here in California and I have talked to their employees and they actually register the bike to the DMV after purchase. I'm thinking that the wholesale-cycle.com website may not be up to date?

-rd.

This user has no status.

I think the Pister Pro CT clone has 'upgraded' brakes suspension USD forks and wheels?

is new.

Would you say it is better overall than the Piranha Flashback CT125?
    Last edited by rd.; 09-12-2012 at 02:37 PM.
    -rd.

Ads