140 piranha or not

PlanetMinis Forums

140 piranha or not

This is a discussion on 140 piranha or not within the Z50, CT70 and JDM Monkeybikes forums, part of the General Talk category; I just got a 71 ct 70 3 speed auto and wanted advice on whether I should get a BB kit with head and cam ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: 140 piranha or not

This user has no status.

140 piranha or not

I just got a 71 ct 70 3 speed auto and wanted advice on whether I should get a BB kit with head and cam or just get a piranha 140 with carb and all. I been throwing these ideas around for a few days. Help me make up my mind or what route should i go.

This user has no status.

i just got a 78 3 days ago and i am thinking the same thing, i like the idea of manual clutch and lot more power but i want to see what others say about the piranha 140

This user has no status.

Anima 150/190!!!
    FMFHATR799 likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    PlanetMinis.com
    Advertisements

is Fly for fun, paid to wait.

I'm working on my '73 Ct70 and I'm planning on putting the piranha 140cc into it. There are a few people around here that have the 140cc and are happy with it.

is I only do 2 things , Ride Dirt
    Bikes and Wanting to Ride Dirt
    bikes !!

Piranha 140 has been very popular wuth the CT70 guys
    Strong smooth power
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Piranha140-CT70-CART.png 
Views:	60 
Size:	127.0 KB 
ID:	184946
    T Bolt USA - Let's go riding!

All the top Pit Bikes, Engines and Parts for Pit bikes & Minis! Let us know if we can help!

Hidden Content - Hidden Content - Hidden Content - Hidden Content - (704) T-BOLT-US - Skype: TBoltUSA

is getting better with Age!

LOVE MINE!! GOT IT FROM TBOLTUSA!! rips the street or dirt....its in a (crf50) street bike

This user has no status.

Anima's are over priced risk. A guy on here just had his brand new one crack to hell. Although if we could get a group buy on them, the price drops in half.

This user has no status.

I don't think anima power can be duplicated for the price. Guys have been running them for years, seems like they have more positive feedback then negative. If I could get my man card back from the old lady I would rock one!

Isn't there only a couple of Daytona dealers in the States? Tell me more about this half price group buy.

This user has no status.

I've run an anima for 3+ years and have not cracked a single case. The people that crack them 9.5/10 out of 10 are not starting them properly.

And a Trex 150 ignition system cuts down on kickback significantly.

Half price group buy.... You sound like someone who has not done enough research. Good luck with that

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "Rooining it"

This user has no status.

You can get them direct for half the price they're sold here in the states but yes, it would have to be a more than a couple.

This user has no status.

Like I said.... Research.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "Rooining it"

is Playing catch up like it was
    08 to a dying mini scene

Everyone I've talked to loves the 140 for the 50/70 new/old platforms and as for the animas my 190 is flawless and power almost can't be beaten except fully built Klx motor...

as as for the group buy thing yeaaa that's not viable in anyway mite score a used one for 800-900 but that's gonna be all the break you will get

and buckit mite know what he's talking about since he's one of the guys in the states who gets them and sells them/builds them for the company that imports them.....
    15 PIRANHA 190
    12 KLX110L
    05 DRZ110
    93 Z50R
    02 Z50R CLONE

is zero fox given

I have never owned a 190 but, I'll give you my take on large displacement engines on the street.

A smaller displacement, lower compression 125-140cc engine will run all day at red line with no problems 2000+ miles before needing a top end.

A bone stock 150 revved to the moon all day on the street runs hotter with less piston skirt and will go through pistons every 1000 miles or so. After 1000 miles you run the risk of having the piston kick sideways in the cylinder and totally wiping out the engine.

I would assume a 190 would have more compression and friction that would create more heat and give about 500 miles before needing a top end overhaul or grenading due to wear and fatigue. A four valve engine also has more moving parts and puts more wear and tear on the valvetrain. The additional moving parts are also more expensive to replace.

A 140 is a great compromise for the street because it's cheap, Has no problem running wide open for extended periods, makes linear power from idle all the way to red line, and has enough piston skirt to run 2000+ miles without fear of locking up in the cylinder.
    BuckIt, Chum, bravedave420 and 1 others like this.
    Check out my Pitster mini monster zb50 thread: Hidden Content

is busy convincing his wife he
    has 1 bike with many sets of
    plastic....

Quote Originally Posted by rustynuts View Post
    I have never owned a 190 but, I'll give you my take on large displacement engines on the street.

A smaller displacement, lower compression 125-140cc engine will run all day at red line with no problems 2000+ miles before needing a top end.

A bone stock 150 revved to the moon all day on the street runs hotter with less piston skirt and will go through pistons every 1000 miles or so. After 1000 miles you run the risk of having the piston kick sideways in the cylinder and totally wiping out the engine.

I would assume a 190 would have more compression and friction that would create more heat and give about 500 miles before needing a top end overhaul or grenading due to wear and fatigue. A four valve engine also has more moving parts and puts more wear and tear on the valvetrain. The additional moving parts are also more expensive to replace.

A 140 is a great compromise for the street because it's cheap, Has no problem running wide open for extended periods, makes linear power from idle all the way to red line, and has enough piston skirt to run 2000+ miles without fear of locking up in the cylinder.

Great post, agreed for sure..... That being said, count me in for 2 of the half price Anima's!

This user has no status.

This is not one of the options you listed, but I put a Piranha 90 semi in my '72 CT70 and love it. I am however considering the Piranha 140 for my '74 XL70.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links