1997 Z50R 88cc Spec Class Minimoto Racer - Page 3

PlanetMinis Forums

1997 Z50R 88cc Spec Class Minimoto Racer

This is a discussion on 1997 Z50R 88cc Spec Class Minimoto Racer within the Z50, CT70 and JDM Monkeybikes forums, part of the General Talk category; Originally Posted by 66Cooper Lookin good man!! Mad jealous of that V2 head. Me wants! Really need to swap those brake arms or go with ...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 31 to 44 of 44
Like Tree31Likes

Thread: 1997 Z50R 88cc Spec Class Minimoto Racer

  1. #31
    Senior Member
    is NOOB
     
    EndGame's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Posts
    168
    Quote Originally Posted by 66Cooper View Post
    Lookin good man!! Mad jealous of that V2 head. Me wants!

    Really need to swap those brake arms or go with the takegawa extended one. Will give you a nice amounted of added leverage up front...and looks pimp


    Also, adjust the front arm to be perpendicular with cable when fully pulled. Again, more leverage.
    You got a link for that? What is that bracket for? Dude the V2 head is soooo worth it!
    Last edited by EndGame; 03-20-2017 at 05:19 PM.
    2004 Kawasaki KLX 110(194cc) FULL MOD Mini-Motard
    1997 Honda Z50R (88cc) STOCK MOD Mini-Motard

  2. #32
    Senior Member
    is NOOB
     
    EndGame's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Posts
    168
    Quote Originally Posted by T Bolt USA View Post
    Sweet build !!
    Thank you!
    2004 Kawasaki KLX 110(194cc) FULL MOD Mini-Motard
    1997 Honda Z50R (88cc) STOCK MOD Mini-Motard

  3. #33
    Senior Member
    This user has no status.
     
    66Cooper's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Dirtey Jersey
    Posts
    901
    Yep.
    http://japan.webike.net/products/542580.html

    The bracket extends the cable out so that it lines up with the longer arm. I bought one only to realize/remember that the R hubs use a smaller brake arm spline so I'm waiting till I go 4-bolt to use it. Mounts all up like this.

    EndGame likes this.
    50 Nuts

    Fat Tires Rule

  4. Remove Advertisements
    PlanetMinis.com
    Advertisements
     

  5. #34
    Senior Member
    is NOOB
     
    EndGame's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Posts
    168
    Quote Originally Posted by 66Cooper View Post
    Yep.
    http://japan.webike.net/products/542580.html

    The bracket extends the cable out so that it lines up with the longer arm. I bought one only to realize/remember that the R hubs use a smaller brake arm spline so I'm waiting till I go 4-bolt to use it. Mounts all up like this.

    Awesome thanks! I just ordered the front and rear one.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2004 Kawasaki KLX 110(194cc) FULL MOD Mini-Motard
    1997 Honda Z50R (88cc) STOCK MOD Mini-Motard

  6. #35
    Senior Member
    is NOOB
     
    EndGame's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Posts
    168
    Z50R's representing at the kart track today! Such a blast!




    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2004 Kawasaki KLX 110(194cc) FULL MOD Mini-Motard
    1997 Honda Z50R (88cc) STOCK MOD Mini-Motard

  7. #36
    Senior Member
    This user has no status.
     
    kirrbby's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    Davison Mi.
    Posts
    337
    I'm really loving the look of those 90's Z's. I think I'm gonna need one. Actually thinking that's the bike I want to get for my grandkids, rather than a 70's Z. COOL lookin bikes.
    EndGame likes this.

  8. #37
    Senior Member
    is NOOB
     
    EndGame's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Posts
    168

    1997 Z50R 88cc Spec Class Minimoto Racer

    Nice action shot my buddy got of me. New gear looks great!




    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2004 Kawasaki KLX 110(194cc) FULL MOD Mini-Motard
    1997 Honda Z50R (88cc) STOCK MOD Mini-Motard

  9. #38
    Senior Member
    This user has no status.
     
    66Cooper's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Dirtey Jersey
    Posts
    901
    That's some setup. Looks epic out there. LOVE how hard you guys are keeping the Z Rs alive. Wonderful.
    EndGame likes this.
    50 Nuts

    Fat Tires Rule

  10. #39
    Senior Member
    is NOOB
     
    EndGame's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Posts
    168
    Quote Originally Posted by 66Cooper View Post
    That's some setup. Looks epic out there. LOVE how hard you guys are keeping the Z Rs alive. Wonderful.
    2 more people are buying them to run here at the kart track, so we'll be up to 5! I'm going to do a crazy full mod next too. Thinking a Takegawa 124 DOHC setup. Found a ridiculous dual front brake kit for them!


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2004 Kawasaki KLX 110(194cc) FULL MOD Mini-Motard
    1997 Honda Z50R (88cc) STOCK MOD Mini-Motard

  11. #40
    Senior Member
    This user has no status.
     
    66Cooper's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Dirtey Jersey
    Posts
    901
    That sounds awesome!! Have you checked out Blast Factory's stuff? They build some amazing stuff over in France. Depending what frontend you go with, they do a dual disk setup as well.

    They do big, high $$$ builds but I haven't seen them do one specifically for track use. They are who sold me on the idea of the Daytona "inner-fork" kit. Replaces everything in the forks but uses the stock upper/outer portion one. Its pretty trick how they fit an internal damper in just a tight spot. Haven't ridden mine to see but they are much softer then what I had...which is a good thing for road use. The Fast50's springs were amazing for miniMX'in but a bit too stiff to soak up pavement imperfection while nearly scraping the pegs in a 45mph bend.

    So, where are getting all your parts from? Webike? I did a big order from them a bit ago which is the only way I do it to save on shipping. Same when I order parts for my Mini from the UK.
    50 Nuts

    Fat Tires Rule

  12. #41
    Senior Member
    is NOOB
     
    EndGame's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Posts
    168
    Quote Originally Posted by 66Cooper View Post
    That sounds awesome!! Have you checked out Blast Factory's stuff? They build some amazing stuff over in France. Depending what frontend you go with, they do a dual disk setup as well.

    They do big, high $$$ builds but I haven't seen them do one specifically for track use. They are who sold me on the idea of the Daytona "inner-fork" kit. Replaces everything in the forks but uses the stock upper/outer portion one. Its pretty trick how they fit an internal damper in just a tight spot. Haven't ridden mine to see but they are much softer then what I had...which is a good thing for road use. The Fast50's springs were amazing for miniMX'in but a bit too stiff to soak up pavement imperfection while nearly scraping the pegs in a 45mph bend.

    So, where are getting all your parts from? Webike? I did a big order from them a bit ago which is the only way I do it to save on shipping. Same when I order parts for my Mini from the UK.
    I've never heard of Blast Factory. Just tried to find their parts, but it's all on some annoying blog setup from what I can find. I get a lot from Webike Japan, Fast50's, and TBparts.

    I'm starting a new job that is doubling my pay next week, so a insane full mod Z50R is coming up next! I'm buying a Fast50's chromoly frame to base it off of as soon as they open today.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2004 Kawasaki KLX 110(194cc) FULL MOD Mini-Motard
    1997 Honda Z50R (88cc) STOCK MOD Mini-Motard

  13. #42
    Senior Member
    This user has no status.
     
    66Cooper's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Dirtey Jersey
    Posts
    901
    Yes, blast factory is setup as a strange blog BUT they build some seriously amazing bikes and the parts they build look top notch. The dual brake setup up front is what made me think of them.
    50 Nuts

    Fat Tires Rule

  14. #43
    Senior Member
    is NOOB
     
    EndGame's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Posts
    168
    Quote Originally Posted by 66Cooper View Post
    Yes, blast factory is setup as a strange blog BUT they build some seriously amazing bikes and the parts they build look top notch. The dual brake setup up front is what made me think of them.
    I sent them an email about the Beringer setup, but for my next bike I wanted to run Fast50's speed forks honestly.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2004 Kawasaki KLX 110(194cc) FULL MOD Mini-Motard
    1997 Honda Z50R (88cc) STOCK MOD Mini-Motard

  15. #44
    Senior Member
    This user has no status.
     
    66Cooper's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Dirtey Jersey
    Posts
    901
    The Fast50s forks look like the bee's knees. I would only ever put upside down forks on a Z50. They just "go". One thing though, and I might be wrong but, those forks were designed for the skinnier XR/CRF50 front ends. You can not run Z wheels on them. Could be sorted with a new set of wider triples but that's now getting a bit much.

    Also, not sure it matters but are you running your tires the wrong direction? The K75's are a directional tire...not sure how much it really matters though.
    50 Nuts

    Fat Tires Rule

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Sponsored Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Similar Threads

  1. Spec 50 Class Performance help...
    By importcars in forum CRF50
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 02-26-2013, 02:48 PM
  2. TB 88cc RH Intake Toque Spec??
    By BusyP in forum CRF50
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 03-13-2010, 08:54 PM
  3. Spec Class for OYL?
    By teddy in forum Mini-Motards
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 01-11-2008, 01:52 PM
  4. Replies: 23
    Last Post: 01-12-2006, 06:31 AM
  5. MiniMoto magazine or pit racer?
    By VanillaGorilla in forum CRF50
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 12-30-2004, 01:00 PM

» Log in

User Name:

Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!

» Sponsored Links

Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v4.3.0