2Fast Moto parts?

PlanetMinis Forums

2Fast Moto parts?

This is a discussion on 2Fast Moto parts? within the Z50, CT70 and JDM Monkeybikes forums, part of the General Talk category; Looking for some feedback if anyone has any experience with parts from this site, Honda Horizontal Engine Parts, Page 4 What brought me to their ...

is Initial Success or Total
    Failure.

2Fast Moto parts?

Looking for some feedback if anyone has any experience with parts from this site, Honda Horizontal Engine Parts, Page 4

What brought me to their site was this 70cc 'big bore' head, Honda 70cc Complete Large Bore Cylinder Head , I was trying to figure out if it was suitable for an 88cc build.

I also noticed this, Honda 100cc Big Bore Kit which I thought you'd need a crank and a high volume oil pump for?

Anways, just looking to see if anyone has bought/used anything from these guys.

Thanks

Super Moderator
    is grateful again...

Supporting Member

Seems a little on the odd side, that "100cc big bore kit", since an 88cc big bore kit uses a 52mm cylinder and piston. If you don't notice that the cylinder height is 69mm, which means it has to be used on a Chinese engine with a 49.5mm crank, then you're stuck with a big bore kit you can't use on a Honda engine. The stock Honda crank is 41.4mm and uses a 63mm tall cylinder.
    - dirtbkr188 -

Failure.

You're a wealth of knowledge, I appreciate your input as always.

4. Remove Advertisements
    PlanetMinis.com
    Advertisements

This user has no status.

My dad just ordered their carb rebuild kit off of eBay for my CB750 without asking me first....It was super cheap which scares me. I should have the kit tomorrow. I'll check back in once I get to look at it and see the quality of it. Wouldn't be surprised if it's the wrong kit or something.

I agree with dirtbkr188....I thought 52mm was the biggest you could go without having to make the hole in the cases bigger and doing a lot of work for not a lot of additional power. Looks like the ad shows it at 50mm. I'm not sure where they are getting the added cc's from with a cylinder, piston and head. I threw a TBparts 108cc stroker kit in my CT70 which used a different crank, HV oil pump, Heavy duty clutch, race head, and obviously the bigger 52mm cylinder and piston. Also had to use a bigger carb, different manifold and air filter. This kit doesn't include a bigger carb or anything which I'm sure you would need even if it did end up working. They also list the 100cc big bore kit fitting tons of bikes....I know for a fact that there were differences in the motor between the early z50a's and the z50r's that came later. If you mix and match the parts, the piston will hit the valves because either the cylinder isn't the same size or the connecting rod is longer, or both. Not sure on the details, but I'd be cautious.

If you want a big bore, I'd recommend the TBparts kits. Good quality and they are reasonably priced. I've bought two of their 88cc kits and one of their 108 stroker kits. No issues so far, but I also am pretty gentle on my minis! Mike (Razzo here on PlanetMinis) is the TBparts dealer I go through. He's a really good guy and knows a TON about the TB big bore kits!

Aaron
    Not addicted. Hidden Content

This user has no status.

Quote Originally Posted by dirtbkr188 View Post
    Seems a little on the odd side, that "100cc big bore kit", since an 88cc big bore kit uses a 52mm cylinder and piston. If you don't notice that the cylinder height is 69mm, which means it has to be used on a Chinese engine with a 49.5mm crank, then you're stuck with a big bore kit you can't use on a Honda engine. The stock Honda crank is 41.4mm and uses a 63mm tall cylinder.
    Or on a (super)cub nt90(HA02) engine...

But a nt90 crank also fits in z50nt cases, 2 longer head studs and a longer distribution chain and you can make a 100 with that topend.(Move the longer studs from the fifty to replace the shorter fifty studs, the long nt90 studs replace the long 50 studs.)
    Why I said nt cases, for the slimmer oil pump driveshaft.
    Last edited by nielspbr; 03-22-2017 at 05:06 AM.

Failure.

Quote Originally Posted by Am103 View Post
    If you want a big bore, I'd recommend the TBparts kits. Good quality and they are reasonably priced. I've bought two of their 88cc kits and one of their 108 stroker kits. No issues so far, but I also am pretty gentle on my minis! Mike (Razzo here on PlanetMinis) is the TBparts dealer I go through. He's a really good guy and knows a TON about the TB big bore kits!

Aaron
    In the past, I've only used TBparts kits. I've done an 88 in an XR50 and a 108 in a C70, they are top notch quality for sure.

Sponsored Links