HELP! New spark plug won't thread, and start up question

PlanetMinis Forums

This is a discussion on HELP! New spark plug won't thread, and start up question within the Z50, CT70 and JDM Monkeybikes forums, part of the General Talk category; I'm trying to get my CT70 started. I replaced the carb, fuel lines, and throttle/line. Filled it with gas, oil, tried to start and nada. ...

This user has no status.

I'm trying to get my CT70 started. I replaced the carb, fuel lines, and throttle/line. Filled it with gas, oil, tried to start and nada. So I bought a new sparkplug-NKG C7HSA - and the damn thing won't thread. Any ideas why? The old one screws in and out just fine.

Now for my more ridiculous question: does the battery have to be in for the bike to start? It's a 1969.

Thanks!

This user has no status.

Not sure why your new plug wont bite..? I might be able to answer the battery question tho...YES, kinda.

Your CT70 doesn't need a battery to run. BUT, the stock battery has a wire harness with a modular plug. There is a jumper wire in the plug that connects the 2 black wires that are in the frame/bike wire harness. One of the blacks comes from the stator, the other goes to the coil...the jumper makes the connection, stator to coil. Without the jumper, you will not have spark. Most of us are using a sealed battery with a wire harness cut from a dead stock battery...or you can buy the wire harness from MMR. See the little black loop of wire in the pic...that's the jumper. You can just make a jumper to connect the 2 blacks and see if you have spark. It's not recommended to run your bike without a battery tho because you will probably burn out your light bulbs. Or, disconnect/remove the bulbs until you get a battery installed.

Last edited by kirrbby; 04-19-2017 at 10:29 PM.

This user has no status.

Here's a link to the battery wire harness for a K0 CT70. Honda ct70 sealed battery pigtail K0- Trail 70, wire harness pigtail battery | eBay

Sponsored Links