1993 CT 70 gas leaking from carb vent tube - Page 2

PlanetMinis Forums

1993 CT 70 gas leaking from carb vent tube

This is a discussion on 1993 CT 70 gas leaking from carb vent tube within the Z50, CT70 and JDM Monkeybikes forums, part of the General Talk category; I rode about 12 miles today. My speeds were anywhere from 25 to WOT. I'm hitting 46-49 mph top speed on gps. This includes some ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    This user has no status.

I rode about 12 miles today. My speeds were anywhere from 25 to WOT. I'm hitting 46-49 mph top speed on gps. This includes some down hill stuff so it's really hard to find a flat straight road for an honest top speed. Anyway, I'm WOT 85% of the time. I have my air screw turned 2.5 to 3 full turns out. My plug is black as night. It's dry, but completely black. I'm shooting for light brown/ tan. I refuse to put the new plug in it until I get it running more lean.

Any more suggestions? I can keep backing out the air screw but I don't want to burn the thing up.

Thanks!
    Hidden Content
    1993 CT70, stock...919 miles

Super Moderator
    is grateful again...

Supporting Member

If you have the air screw backed out to 3 turns, it's time to go leaner on the pilot jet before you lose it altogether.

IMO, I'd be happy with a dry black plug on a 24 year old engine, especially if it is running strong for you now.
    - dirtbkr188 -

This user has no status.

Quote Originally Posted by dirtbkr188 View Post
    If you have the air screw backed out to 3 turns, it's time to go leaner on the pilot jet before you lose it altogether.

IMO, I'd be happy with a dry black plug on a 24 year old engine, especially if it is running strong for you now.
    Yeah, much farther and it will fall out I'm sure. I hate the black plug. I assume it has the original pilot jet from Honda when new. I haven't a clue what that would be nor what to go to next. The bike was purchased in Nevada, then brought to FL. Now it's in TN.

Did I mention that I hate the black plug? LOL. You clearly know more about these bikes than I do. If you say a dry black plug is ok, I believe you. The engine is 24 years old, but it only has 900 miles on it though. I'd really be happier if the plug was a brown/ tan color and me and the inside of the house didn't smell like gas every time I start the damn thing. It smells like my '01 Pontiac Grand Prix GTP smelled when I removed the entire exhaust including cat and installed headers, catless down pipe and Borla cat back exhaust.

It's truly gross. I have to change clothes after riding or messing with it.
    Hidden Content
    1993 CT70, stock...919 miles

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Sponsored Links